Internship Interview Switcher-oos (do you need to switch dates w/ someone)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hamsterpants

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
As suggested, here is a thread where people can request for volunteers to switch dates for internship interviews. For example, if you have a conflict w/ site X's assigned interview date of 1/7 but the coordinator is willing to switch you to 1/14, your preferred date, if you find someone whose assigned interview for site X is 1/14.

I'm not sure if this works or if it's just too much of a long shot but a couple of posters on the main internship interview thread pointed out that it might be a good idea to keep these requests separate so they don't get lost in the fray. I will try to copy those that have been posted already.

So if you can help someone out, please email them. If you need help, please post your request. As we know, SDN-ers tend to be awesome folks who step up when needed to help others out possible. Let's help each other through this crazy-making process!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
I am interested in trading the following interview date if anyone is interested:

University of Chicago (neuro) - Jan 15; would like to trade for the 22nd or 29th

Currently have an incredibly difficult conflict

This is from the main thread.

I've been trying to set up a date with MUSC/Charleston Consortium but they're all terrible with other travel plans, and I'd love to be able to go on 1/18/16. This site has a ton of dates and I know they've got others available (12/18/15 and 1/9/18 for sure), so if you have 1/18/16 and would prefer another date, send me a message! This is for adult/general/traumatic stress tracks, although I'm not sure it matters.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Hey everyone! If anyone is able to switch interview dates at UC Davis CAARE Center I would be incredibly grateful! I currently have an interview scheduled there on 1/21 in the afternoon but I need to switch to a morning or afternoon interview on 1/22! Any takers?? Let me know if you can help me out!

I know it's a long shot but is anyone interviewing for the Dallas Independent School District and are they willing to switch dates? I have the 13th of January in the afternoon currently, I'd like to switch to the 19th any time or the 25th.

Would anyone like 1/11 Central Regional Hospital interview date? I would love the 19th. Thanks!

Hi all, I have an interview on January 8 at the Washington, D.C. VA. Is anyone willing or able to switch? I'm willing to take any other date.

Would anyone scheduled for an interview Tuesday the 12 th at Worcester Interprofessional Team(WIT) internship rotation at VA Central Western Massachusetts Healthcare System (VACWM) be willing to trade to Thursday the 7 th? Please contact me immediately! Thank you.

Hey everyone, could anyone switch their University of San Diego phone interview from 1/5 to Friday, 1/8 at 2pm? I ended up scheduling another interview all day Friday and know I'll be completely exhausted by Friday night (3 hour time difference). I can do any time on Tuesday! Thanks so much in advance for considering!!

Anyone interested in switching to January 8th for U of Chicago (neuro) interview? I can do any of the other dates.

Just a note to keep in mind for possible date switching. If you are a specific track applicant (e.g., neuro/gero/PCMHI/etc) this may be difficult, if not impossible for the TD to swing. Often, they will match up interviews for specific applicants for specific faculty in that concentration area. That way, clinical faculty only need to take a half day off somewhere, rather than multiple half days, really messing up their clinical commitments. Just a note to keep in mind if you hear back that they are not able to switch you, as many of them may already have their interview days schedules set (e.g., I had my interview schedule set earlier this week with neuro track students).

Many sites actually suggest it to applicants when they are contacted. Personally, I contacted the second site that conflicted and requested a second date, but I'm also on here to try everything I can to make it easier.

Reactions: 1 users
Can anyone switch for the interview for Emory University. They only have 01/5 available and I already have an interview :(. Would anyone be willing to switch me who has 01/8? I would greatly appreciate it!!!

I guess if they suggest it...

Agreed. If the site suggests it, have at it. But personally, I would run the idea by each and every specific site prior to attempting to switch days/times. As WisNeuro mentioned, even without specific tracks, sites will often try to match folks up with supervisors working in particular interest areas. I don't know that leaving the site out of the loop would convey an especially positive message.

This thread is wild. I would never imagine arranging my own switched date- I would talk to the site.
You make a good point here. I only asked about one site because I was told specifically that either of the two dates offered would work for their schedule and if another student could switch, that would be fine with them! I agree through that this probably isn't a good idea for many sites, especially as the interview dates grow nearer!

Yes, as I understood it, folks using this thread had contacted sites and were told that they could switch dates if they found another applicant willing to switch. I didn't think anyone was leaving sites out of the loop but that this was at the suggestion of the site and this is solely a resource to facilitate that suggestion. Personally, I have only worked out date changes with sites directly as I was not told that switching with another applicant was an option available to me . I suspect that this may only be a possibility at sites with large numbers of interviews/ slots.

I have an interview at OhioGuidestone on January 8th. I am available to do an interview on the 15th, 22nd, or 29th. Can anybody switch with me?

Hi guys! I was offered a late interview to Loma Linda SOM after previously being rejected. The interview day they offered is Monday, January 11th from 7:30 to 12:00, and I already have an interview scheduled for that day. Please, please PM me if you would be willing to switch!