International students in Australia. Money matters.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jtws

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everybody.

I am an A-level student in Singapore and I am thinking of applying to medical school in Australia. Undergraduate admission. ( UNSW, Melbourne, Queensland)

Problem is, I do not have the necessary funds to finance my medical studies in Australia as an international student. My parents do not have college degrees so it is difficult for them to get Australian PR's.

Are there any loans or scholarships for international students who wish to study in Australian medical schools ? It would be best if they do not require a US co-signer.

Or do I have to go the graduate route ( ie 3 years college and 4 years med school )

Please help me. Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

Where exactly are you looking at borrowing the money from?? It would be difficult to borrow money from a US bank without a US co-signer...

Have you tried to get a loan from Singapore? The only thing that I can think of is to try applying to Adelaide...they have quite a scholarship program, but u will have to write their own exams.

Best of luck.