General International student - How do I apply within Canada?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hello everyone, . I'm happy to be here and I'm glad I can possibly get all the help I need. I am currently a First Class graduate of Botany Department, Lagos State University Nigeria. I am very passionate about studying medicine in Canada but a have a major problem with finance.

1) I want to know if it would be possible to acquire a fully funded scholarship for a masters degree in Biology?,
2) If it will be possible for me to mix studying as a grad student and MCAT prep,
3) and also working to start to save up for medical school
Hi and Welcome to SDN.

1) You are not going to find the necessary expertise in this part of the forum to answer your question about chances of success in applying as an international applicant to a Canadian Masters Degree Program and receiving full funding. Have you tried emailing the Canadian schools' Financial Aid Office directly with your question?

2) Yes, it's possible.

3) A funded masters degree usually requires that you either teach or do research to receive a stipend that covers educational and living expenses. Taking on an additional job besides would be difficult. You'll need to look into whether a student visa would allow an outside job.

I suggest you look at SDN's International Discussions>Canada and see if you can find useful information there. In particular look for information about requirements for medical school admissions and chances for an international applicant.

Members don't see this ad.

Status
Not open for further replies.