Interested in applying MD/MBA -- independent acceptance into B school?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ta8901

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I have lots of questions regarding MD/MBA programs. I am currently applying for medical school and am strongly considering applying to dual degree programs such as UMich/Northwestern etc. However, all these program details say that I need to be independently accepted by both the B and MD schools.

Although my undergrad degree is in economics, I have done little for bolstering B School apps. I do not have any work experience, except for 1 internship in R&D in a fortune 500 company right after high school. This was only for 4 months. I am currently studying for GMAT.

How realistic is it that I will be accepted into an MD/MBA program with this profile? I can make a run at most MD schools but I am worried that I do not have what it takes on paper to get the nod from B schools. Any advice??

Members don't see this ad.

Hello,

I have lots of questions regarding MD/MBA programs. I am currently applying for medical school and am strongly considering applying to dual degree programs such as UMich/Northwestern etc. However, all these program details say that I need to be independently accepted by both the B and MD schools.

Although my undergrad degree is in economics, I have done little for bolstering B School apps. I do not have any work experience, except for 1 internship in R&D in a fortune 500 company right after high school. This was only for 4 months. I am currently studying for GMAT.

How realistic is it that I will be accepted into an MD/MBA program with this profile? I can make a run at most MD schools but I am worried that I do not have what it takes on paper to get the nod from B schools. Any advice??
I applied to only one B-school while I was in medical school. It was part of the dual degree program as well and both the medical and business school are in the top 10. I had NO work experience at the time, but crushed the GMATs. I got in. Take that for what it's worth.