Indiana IDP 2020

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

svarp

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello, I have been put on the waitlist for Indiana IDP program. What are the odds that I may get an acceptance from them?

Members don't see this ad.

Hello, I have been put on the waitlist for Indiana IDP program. What are the odds that I may get an acceptance from them?
it depends. First of all share your profile

it depends. First of all share your profile

NBDE Part 1 and 2
Toefl 110
GPA of 3.65
MBA from India
CDA
2 years of volunteer dental experience of around 400 hours
Shadowing experiences
Lots of CEs and attended conferences
Volunteer research experience with UIC
Published article on ASDA
Bench test course- 4 days

Members don't see this ad :)
NBDE Part 1 and 2
Toefl 110
GPA of 3.65
MBA from India
CDA
2 years of volunteer dental experience of around 400 hours
Shadowing experiences
Lots of CEs and attended conferences
Volunteer research experience with UIC
Published article on ASDA
Bench test course- 4 days
Hi Doctor,
I got Waitlisted in Indiana this year, wonder if you were lucky to receive an offer of acceptance from them after being put on waitlist? Your reply is much appreciated!

Hi Doctor,
I got Waitlisted in Indiana this year, wonder if you were lucky to receive an offer of acceptance from them after being put on waitlist? Your reply is much appreciated!
I got waitlisted too... I'm terrified since this is my 4th cycle of trying to get in. I had such high hopes. I do not have any other interviews/offers which is even worst. This was my first interview in 4 cycles.

Hi Doctor,
Did you get any other interviews or offers?

Nope, just 1 interview so far. I know your struggle! We’ve got a hope

I got waitlisted too... I'm terrified since this is my 4th cycle of trying to get in. I had such high hopes. I do not have any other interviews/offers which is even worst. This was my first interview in 4 cycles.
Did you apply to Indiana before?

Yes was rejected last two times.
Well, I wish I would be able to give you an advice. As a matter of a fact you have an extremely strong profile! So it’s not the GPA or Toefl, not the experience, think what you have changed compared to other 2 times, was it SOP? Try to apply earlier next cycle. I honestly wish you a good luck, doctor!

Well, I wish I would be able to give you an advice. As a matter of a fact you have an extremely strong profile! So it’s not the GPA or Toefl, not the experience, think what you have changed compared to other 2 times, was it SOP? Try to apply earlier next cycle. I honestly wish you a good luck, doctor!
SOP I didn't do a good job on the first three to be honest when I look back. The LORs were solid. I also applied late prior to this cycle. So hopefully we get off the waitlist :)

LOR - Should one from USA professor/ faculty
- Should mention your specific strengths like
your ability to repair perforation, your
Surgical extraction abilities, your knowledge
about digital dentistry like CBCT
interpretation ability.
SOP - Why you want to be a dentist in USA.
- Your struggle and your ability to bounce

LOR - Should one from USA professor/ faculty
- Should mention your specific strengths like
your ability to repair perforation, your
Surgical extraction abilities, your knowledge
about digital dentistry like CBCT
interpretation ability.
SOP - Why you want to be a dentist in USA.
- Your struggle and your ability to bounce
LOR - I already have 3 dentists who are willing to write detailed LORs tied to that. (two of my LORs are those dentist) My master's faculty is ready to, but universities can care less about that for advanced standing.

SOP- yeah did that...maybe not that well.

Hi Doctor,
I heard one person got an acceptance off waitlist. However, I heard there is like 80 people on there so chances are like winning the lottery.