Indiana and Tennessee Residencies

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Felt

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just wondering what kind of reputation the residencies in Indiana have. Have any of you clerked/attended any of them? I never hear much about them so I'm assuming they aren't as desirable as others in the midwest.
St. Joseph Regional Medical Center, South Bend
St Mary's Health System, Evansville
St. Vincent Hospital - IN, Indianapolis
Westview Hospital, Indianapolis

Also same question for the residency in Tennessee.
DVA - Mountain Home (James H. Quillen), Mountain Home

Thanks a lot for the help.

Members don't see this ad.

I can't testify for the quality of the residency, but St. Mary's in evansville is THE hospital one tends to go to in Southwestern Indiana. You'll tend to get patients within an hour radius or so. I am somewhat weary that it'd be the best and most diverse training, especially since it is in a small-ish midwestern town. Cost of living is cheap. One can easily get by in an ok house with about 25k a year. There are 2 small universities there and then the stand ivy tech and what not as well. So, I suppose if you were proactive you could get exposure to basic athletics...I don't think either school has a football team. There are a couple of very strong high schools in the region, and a lot of sub-par ones. (I grew up in the region, which is why I know the random things)

p.s. If you're prepod then just worry about getting in first.