Incarnate Word COP Fall 2011

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hey guys,

I am an incoming P1 as well. Congrats to ALL accepted :):). Cant wait to meet you all in Fall. I just received my ID# and email log-on today. I called them several times last week and i think what is happening is that the main university have to issue the ID for the PharmD students. So School of Pharmacy have to wait for those infos from the main university. Hope that helps for those who are waiting for their IDs.

Cheers,
:luck:

PS:Do you guys know if Class of 2015 have a facebook page yet?

Members don't see this ad.

For those of you who are waitlisted did you hear anything? Hopefully they will start calling people by the end of this month.:xf:

Members don't see this ad :)
For those of you who are waitlisted did you hear anything? Hopefully they will start calling people by the end of this month.:xf:
I haven't heard anything yet, and I was hoping the same thing. Waiting is so hard! :scared: Good luck to everyone still waiting!:xf:

I havent heard anything yet either. I hope they start calling soon!:xf:

If 60 people were waitlisted....Does anyone know how many were accepted? 100 (I think that is their avg class size) ???

100 got in, 120 got rejected and 60 on waitlisted. I believe half may get it in..good luck.

anyone have advice for good apartments or good areas?

also any girls looking for a roomie, look me up!

anyone have advice for good apartments or good areas?

also any girls looking for a roomie, look me up!

I live in San Antonio and I attend UIW right now. My husband and I live in a nice apartment complex right off 1604 and 35 on the NE side and love it. It is near an air force base so it is full of military and it is nice and quiet. It only takes about 15 to 20 minutes to drive to school. It is the Springs Apartments. Hopefully this helps!

I'm looking for a roommate or roommates, if anyone is interested please let me know! still need to find a place to live. fyi I am a guy.

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anybody gotten off the waitlist yet or know when they will begin??

Has anyone tried to call and ask if they will begin calling people on the wait list soon?

No I haven't tried calling recently. I called 3 weeks ago and they said they were a little behind. But I have a feeling it will be pretty soon unless somebody has gotten the call already??

I tried calling a couple of times to ask if they have begun going through the waitlist, but I have not been able to get ahold of anyone.....so I dont know...

Same here no luck...I tried calling today but haven't gotten a hold of anyone either:( The wait is so grueling. Has anybody else heard anything??

I called today and actually got hold of one of the counselors, I won't mention names but she was a little rude to me. Yeah I asked about the waitlist and she said "if 100 people accept then we wont have to go down the waitlist"

This kind of put me in a pissed off mood, I was mad the whole day. Even if we are on the wait list it doesn't mean we don't want it as much as those people who are accepted. (Regardless this is still my top choice)

Sorry, I just had to get my frustration out. I think there getting annoyed of our phone calls about the wait-list.

I bet they are frustrated, but it is so hard for us just to wait and see no progress.I just hope that they haven't gotten the 100 people yet:(

I know what you mean, I don't like waiting either...but with my luck I have to wait for everything in life:rolleyes:

I bet they are frustrated, but it is so hard for us just to wait and see no progress.I just hope that they haven't gotten the 100 people yet:(

i hope our waiting will pay off in a good way.I will pray for us that we get in:))

Poptropica...I can't believe one of the counselors said that....I would have been mad too. I think they should stop being so uptight about the waitlist... I know they use a points system to rank the people that apply...so I am guessing they pretty much know about-ish where everyone is on the waitlist, so I don't understand why they can't just let us know, if we inquire? Also, I really doubt that everyone that was accepted..accepted their invitation...and we are already pretty far into May... aren't they concerned with filling seats? The wait is awful.......

I think they are busy with graduation for the class of 2011. Yeah I hope they start calling people soon.

Poptropica...I can't believe one of the counselors said that....I would have been mad too. I think they should stop being so uptight about the waitlist... I know they use a points system to rank the people that apply...so I am guessing they pretty much know about-ish where everyone is on the waitlist, so I don't understand why they can't just let us know, if we inquire? Also, I really doubt that everyone that was accepted..accepted their invitation...and we are already pretty far into May... aren't they concerned with filling seats? The wait is awful.......

there is hope everyone, i just got off the waitlist. :D

Congrats pharmnik!!!!!! Can I ask...when you spoke with them if it sounded like they had just begun calling or if they have been pulling people from the waitlist for awhile? Keep your fingers crossed for the rest of us still waiting!

They had just begun. I talked to a counselor a couple days ago and they had not started. So I think I might have been the first couple calls that they made. I will say a prayer for everyone. I know the wait is horrible. I still have some friends on the waitlist as well.

hey, i was wondering what grants, loans a student may get. can a student help? also what is usually the grand total costs per year. thanks

hey, i was wondering what grants, loans a student may get. can a student help? also what is usually the grand total costs per year. thanks

total cost of tuition can be loaned via sub and un-sub loans. living expenses can also be taken out through grad plus.. total cost of attendance is 33k a year I think.

I haven't heard anything either.....I hope they are still pulling people from the waitlist....

I talked to Ms Hernandez today and she said as of right now they have a full class. (The class filled up quick) She said not to lose hope as students due change their mind and may decide to go elsewhere. There is still 2 months left before classes start.

I'm feeling kind of bummed now....:(

gave up my seat. hope one of you SDN people get it. ill pray.:)

:(:(:(:(:(....super bummed as well...maybe by early july...after summer I classes end...maybe some people will change their minds..and they will be able to call more people off the wait list....

This is the break down that they posted on my financial aid thing. Remeber...this is for one FULL academic year!!! aka (Aug-May)

Tuition$30,500.00
Fees$890.00
Books$1,200.00
Room$5,760.00
Board$3,898.00
Transportation$1,220.00
Personal/Misc Exp$4,857.00
Total:$48,325.00

I was able to have all of this covered by Sub, Unsub, and Grad PLUS loans that total the full amount through the school. I have talked to other pharmacy students as well and they said they are receiving the same. The school makes sur you have enough loan money to make it through school.

Another thing to keep in mind is room, board, transportation, and personal is not necessarily part of tuition. I will be at an apartment and have created a budget and thus will have like $7,000 surplus in loans. I can either decline some of my amount or accept them and then use it for other things such as paying off bills...ect.

Has anyone heard anything from the school yet, its almost nearing July. I wonder if the wait list is moving or not?

Im still hoping to hear from UIW too. I hope that they will make some more calls soon. Summer I session ends in about two weeks....maybe some seats will open up after that.....

Just wondering..is anybody staying in the dorms?

I got in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's been a long wait, but worth it. I have a lot of catching up to do. By the way I'm looking into housing, thinking of getting a dorm- is it to late to apply and anyone still looking for a roommate. By the way, I'm a female.

I got in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's been a long wait, but worth it. I have a lot of catching up to do. By the way I'm looking into housing, thinking of getting a dorm- is it to late to apply and anyone still looking for a roommate. By the way, I'm a female.

Congratulations! I just got in as well! Anyone still looking for roommates? I'm a male.

Congratulations! I just got in as well! Anyone still looking for roommates? I'm a male.

congratulations guys! make sure to join the facebook group. there are a lot of students also looking for roomates.

CoNGRaTuLaTiOns! I will be staying in the dorms or I should say at a hotel for the first semester because they ran out of rooms on campus. It is cheaper the dorms and we get a choice to get the meal plan or not. They were many like me that did not get a dorm. I think there is still time.