Improving and Reducing Health-care disparities questions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Bio413

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am stuck on one of the topics for my essays. I have to write about an experience that advances the goals of diversity in medicine and or reduces health care disparities. Any help? What would you write?

Members don't see this ad.

it doesn't matter what anyone else would write.

recommend breaking down the question so you understand it and your reviewer will be on the same page as you. what is your definition of disparity, how have you come in contact with it, how would diversify benefit that situation, and what have you done personally to aid in that effort.

It sounds like you have to write about one of YOUR experiences, so I'm not sure anybody could really help you. Have you done any work with medically underserved populations, particularly public health or healthcare-related work? Have you done any tutoring or mentoring programs for kids who are from URM populations to encourage them to pursue medical or other STEM careers?

I have done mentoring and tutoring programs. I was thinking about writing that, but I wasn't really sure if that would work out. I think I'll just write about that and talk about how that can help increase diversity. Thanks