Important/Recommended/Helpful NAPLEX RxPrep Videos

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

GrandTheftAutumn

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone, my first post.

I have NAPLEX in 2 weeks.
I just finished going through the RxPrep book (every. single. page.)
I'd like to start watching some of the lecture videos, but I don't think it's realistic to watch all the videos in 2 weeks nor all videos are that important.
I'm pretty confident in calculations, so I'll just do practice problems on RxPrep and SDN 120 calculation questions.

So, here is my question:
Which RxPrep videos are important, helpful, and/or you'd recommend to watch?
I am so over with that one lady from the video (you know who I'm taking about).
And any other tips would be appreciated to.
Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I didn’t watch any of the videos. Just practice questions and the book for me.

Reactions: 1 user
Hello everyone, my first post.
I am so over with that one lady from the video (you know who I'm taking about).
Thank you.

I just laughed out loud. Yeah I know who you're talking about. I think the only ones that are worth watching are HIV/Hepatitis and Liver Disease, and ID. I went through the book already but planning on just focusing on the question bank now and reviewing for MPJE. Hope it goes well for us!

Reactions: 1 users
I didnt have time to read the whole book so I just focused on the big areas(DM/HTN/ACS/Mental Heath) and calculations. One area I didn't look at was dosage formulations which I regret bc I had like 9-10 questions on recipients and 1PD stuff I forgot. Anyways I passed it with flying colors. As long as you perfect the calculation/biostatistics section and just use your best judgment on the clinical therapeutic sections, it would be very hard to fail the NAPLEX. You have to pretty much not try and go in cold turkey to not pass.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I didn’t watch any of the videos. Just practice questions and the book for me.

I'd imagine you did just fine?

I just laughed out loud. Yeah I know who you're talking about. I think the only ones that are worth watching are HIV/Hepatitis and Liver Disease, and ID. I went through the book already but planning on just focusing on the question bank now and reviewing for MPJE. Hope it goes well for us!

HIV and ID for sure. I'll also watch Onc. I feel comfortable with cirrhosis but hepatitis is meh so I think that'll be a good idea too.
Good luck to you too.

I didnt have time to read the whole book so I just focused on the big areas(DM/HTN/ACS/Mental Heath) and calculations. One area I didn't look at was dosage formulations which I regret bc I had like 9-10 questions on recipients and 1PD stuff I forgot. Anyways I passed it with flying colors. As long as you perfect the calculation/biostatistics section and just use your best judgment on the clinical therapeutic sections, it would be very hard to fail the NAPLEX. You have to pretty much not try and go in cold turkey to not pass.

Nice. I wonder why some people still fail NAPLEX though, especially if they studied for a descent amount of time.

So far, I think the lecture videos by the lady with short hair and glasses are good; good explanations and tips, no lame jokes.
I guess if you have a good baseline knowledge, the book will suffice.
Videos can be helpful if something doesn't make sense at all, just want to enforce your comfort level with the topic (aka Onc, HIV, ID), or if you have extra time.
Btw, I didn't think emergency preparedness and toxicology video was too good.