USMLE IMG seeking some advice for step 1

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

drosalink

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey, guys. I'm Brazilian, I'm in the 2nd year of med school (I'm 19y, the youngest guy in my class) and in this summer (winter for you guys) I decided to start my studies for USMLE, Step 1 of course. I'm doing all on my own. But as one might imagine, my university is not committed to boosting us for an international exam. So after taking one entire week searching, I understood how the process works and built my schedule. My bigger doubt here is that I'm not pretty sure I'm using the right tools for it. I'm following my regular classes (which I wish I didn't have to, cause I'm totally sure I learn better sitting at the library); after classes, when I'm able to study for step I do so. I'm watching Dr. Najeeb's classes, Reeding Pathoma and Kaplan Notes (and reviewing the ones I already studied last y). I am also subscribed in lecturio, but I'm still not sure if it's good. Anyway, I didn't start any Q-bank, I don't know if it is the ready time for it, cause there are some issues I get into yet. Finally, I wanna hear from you guys some advice. Any advice will be welcome! What should I start doing, or stop doing? Are there any better tools that worked for you guys? I would be thankful for any help haha. I just created my account on this forum and already discovered some cool stuff I didn't read about.
And sorry if I made any grammar mistake, please correct me.

Members don't see this ad.