I'm new here...can I get some answers?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

alexa13us

Dintzishor
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello! I have a couple of questions and I was wondering if I can get some answers from someone...

1) Can you decide to become a military dentist after you finish dental school or even a couple of years after that?

2) Does it matter you're not a US citizen during dental school as long as you're one when you decide to join?

3) Is it common for women to join or you would stand out too much?

Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

Hello! I have a couple of questions and I was wondering if I can get some answers from someone...

1) Can you decide to become a military dentist after you finish dental school or even a couple of years after that?

2) Does it matter you're not a US citizen during dental school as long as you're one when you decide to join?

3) Is it common for women to join or you would stand out too much?

Thank you!

1) You can join the military anytime up until the age of 42 (with some of the military services) or as late as your 50's (with others). People join anytime from dental school until after they've had a full private practice career. When you join determines the type of financial benefits you are eligible for (this topic has been answered throughout the board).

2) Normally you must be a US Citizen to join. However their is a limited policy that may only be around this year where non-citizens who already have a DMD/DDS may join (also previously mentioned in the board - may not be around after this year).

3) In the Army there is roughly 20% Female Dental Officers. We would like more :)