Illinois C/O 2028

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I have classes all day, would someone be able to summarize any key points from the virtual visit day today? Especially the meeting with financial aid?

Members don't see this ad.

Anyone know when they will announce financial aid/loan information? I checked my Self Service finiancial aid page but nothing seems to be posted yet.

Reactions: 1 users
I have classes all day, would someone be able to summarize any key points from the virtual visit day today? Especially the meeting with financial aid?

she said financial aid packages should be out by late april/early may. however dr.foreman said he is going to speak for them into trying to get it out by april 15th.

Members don't see this ad :)
i emailed them last week and they said the meeting should've been recorded and they will send an email with a link to it in a couple weeks. i had 3 hours of presentations literally 10-1:00 that i had to watch so i missed the entire thing

also if you go on studentaid.gov you can see the loans they give for tuition. the COL loans aren't posted yet tho

also i'm going to visit next friday and have viewings for 3 apartments through green st realty and have been seeing such horrible stuff about them online 😭 but they're pretty much my only option because i want to live alone

also i'm going to visit next friday and have viewings for 3 apartments through green st realty and have been seeing such horrible stuff about them online 😭 but they're pretty much my only option because i want to live alone
I can't speak for what rent is like, but I have friends at Hessel on the Park and at Stoneridge Square who both live alone and like their places, in case you hadn't checked those out yet

also i'm going to visit next friday and have viewings for 3 apartments through green st realty and have been seeing such horrible stuff about them online but they're pretty much my only option because i want to live alone

The village at Colbert park also has a bunch of singles left. A bunch of 1st years live there now. Pacifica on green isn’t bad if you want to live on green

Reactions: 1 user
I can't speak for what rent is like, but I have friends at Hessel on the Park and at Stoneridge Square who both live alone and like their places, in case you hadn't checked those out yet
thanks! i just checked them out and they don't have any singles left.

The village at Colbert park also has a bunch of singles left. A bunch of 1st years live there now. Pacifica on green isn’t bad if you want to live on green
this place seems promising. i'll probably book a showing after i see the green st places. i also feel like all landlords are bad to some extent and there's always going to be people with renting horror stories so i'm trying not to worry about it too much. thanks!!

thanks! i just checked them out and they don't have any singles left.

this place seems promising. i'll probably book a showing after i see the green st places. i also feel like all landlords are bad to some extent and there's always going to be people with renting horror stories so i'm trying not to worry about it too much. thanks!!
Are you a member of the Illinois free and for sale Facebook page? There are a few landlords that have been renting to exclusively to vet students for a long time and have a good reputation.

Are you a member of the Illinois free and for sale Facebook page? There are a few landlords that have been renting to exclusively to vet students for a long time and have a good reputation.
yes i am but i've only seen posts about subleasing so far. i'll look into it and keep an eye out as summer approaches! thanks!

yes i am but i've only seen posts about subleasing so far. i'll look into it and keep an eye out as summer approaches! thanks!
There should be somewhere around 150 seniors that may have recommendations too!

Declined my OOS spot, hope this gives someone good news!

Members don't see this ad :)
I’ve declined my OOS spot as well! Best of luck to everyone on the waitlist!

can anyone speak for how roommate matching has worked for them in the past? i've only ever lived with my best friend so i'm a little worried about trusting an apartment to do roommate matching lol

can anyone speak for how roommate matching has worked for them in the past? i've only ever lived with my best friend so i'm a little worried about trusting an apartment to do roommate matching lol
Turned out sub optimal once for me, then well the next two times. But the first time, I was houses with undergrads and the second and third with graduate/professional students.

I know some people in the class of 2027 that got matched with all undergrads, which has not been great. I think the best way to find roommates is to join the class of 2028 fb page (when it’s created) and find people on there. That is how I found my roommates and it has worked out great!

I know some people in the class of 2027 that got matched with all undergrads, which has not been great. I think the best way to find roommates is to join the class of 2028 fb page (when it’s created) and find people on there. That is how I found my roommates and it has worked out great!

This fb page is definitely the best place to look! Its name is University of Illinois CVM class of 2028. I found my current roommates through my class’s one and it worked out very well. You can request to join the FB now but they aren’t letting anyone in until April 16th (after the acceptance deadline)

I’m a current first year and I highly recommend the vet med roommate finder fb page as well! People from my class have been posting looking for roommates as theres always changes between years :)

I declined my IS spot so hopefully this gives someone good news! Good luck everyone!

Anyone else on the waitlist getting emails about important dates and orientation?

Anyone else on the waitlist getting emails about important dates and orientation?
Yes, I got one this morning. Definitely got me excited for a moment there, though I know it’s too early for them to start pulling from the waitlist.

I’m on the waitlist and I got a call from an Urbana number this morning that I didn’t see. Does Illinois typically call waitlisted applicants?

They called my friend directly when she was pulled in 2017

so i saw those green street apartments and they were as horrible as i was worried they'd be 😅 looking for places in savoy now since that's what a lot of people are recommending and it seems promising

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
so i saw those green street apartments and they were as horrible as i was worried they'd be 😅 looking for places in savoy now since that's what a lot of people are recommending and it seems promising
A lot of my class likes the grey townhouses in the south side of Savoy. I'm completely blanking on the name though 🤦🏼‍♀️

I never rented through Green Street, but I haven't ever heard anything good about them. Campus Property Managment also has a lot of properties around town. Again never rented but I've been in a few for pet sitting and they're quite nice in some areas.

They called my friend directly when she was pulled in 2017
Do you happen to know/remember if she received an email as well?
They also called me directly in 2018 when I was accepted. I was able to answer the phone but I know that they emailed me after but I don’t know if they would have or not had I not answered and told them on the phone I was accepting my spot 😂
Doesn’t hurt to try and call the number back and see if it was the CVM, but I’d hope they would at least leave a vm asking for a call back or email you if you didn’t answer

A lot of my class likes the grey townhouses in the south side of Savoy. I'm completely blanking on the name though 🤦🏼‍♀️
The village was where sporty lived and the courtyards was across the street from it. Courtyards was ones that were owned by separate management companies and some were owned by individuals who lived there (vs the whole complex being owned by one company like the village)

IS waitlist acceptance!! Good luck to everyone still waiting 🧡💙

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Hello all and congrats! I am currently enrolled in the Certificate program at Illinois and was wondering if anyone on here did that program as well and found it successful for getting in?