IL MPJE - failed once

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ponchoml5

Reaction score
I failed IL MPJE by 1 point and was devastated because I walked out of there thinking I totally killed it. The only materials I used were the Guide to Federal Pharmacy Law by Reiss and Hall and the acts and rules posted on the IDFPR page. I studied for a solid week and a half and thought I had a really good understanding of the information. And it absolutely kills me that I missed passing probably by 2-3 questions [to the point that if I took the test again the same exact day I probably would have passed]. But now I'm in the position of preparing to retake it and second guessing all of my knowledge. I don't know how I could have been any more prepared than I was the first time.
My biggest fear is that I'll come out having done even worse the second time around.... I know I'm psyching myself out, especially because I don't want to have to shell out even more money for study materials.

Did anyone else use the basic study materials I used and have any additional tips so I don't panic every day from now until test day?? [I keep reminding myself that IL is notoriously one of the most BS MPJEs to pass]

Members don't see this ad.

I would try the PharmacyExam (dot) com practice exams. Unfortunately it is more money, but I think it's well worth it to make sure you're doing it right.

Reactions: 1 user
I failed IL MPJE by 1 point and was devastated because I walked out of there thinking I totally killed it. The only materials I used were the Guide to Federal Pharmacy Law by Reiss and Hall and the acts and rules posted on the IDFPR page. I studied for a solid week and a half and thought I had a really good understanding of the information. And it absolutely kills me that I missed passing probably by 2-3 questions [to the point that if I took the test again the same exact day I probably would have passed]. But now I'm in the position of preparing to retake it and second guessing all of my knowledge. I don't know how I could have been any more prepared than I was the first time.
My biggest fear is that I'll come out having done even worse the second time around.... I know I'm psyching myself out, especially because I don't want to have to shell out even more money for study materials.

Did anyone else use the basic study materials I used and have any additional tips so I don't panic every day from now until test day?? [I keep reminding myself that IL is notoriously one of the most BS MPJEs to pass]

I missed IL MPJE by 1 point. Then, I studied Dr. Rickert's materials, IDFPR online rules and acts, and briefly looked over deadiversion website for DEA pharmacy manual. I completely memorized Dr. Rickert's packet by heart. The tip i can give you is that try to answer the questions on actual MPJE that best shows patient safety and follows the laws. Do not over think an answer. Also, look at some compounding materials such as like what iso class is for what kind of compounding and how you gown up starting with the first to last..

Hope it helps! Good luck!

I would try the PharmacyExam (dot) com practice exams. Unfortunately it is more money, but I think it's well worth it to make sure you're doing it right.
So I broke down and ended up getting a practice exam from pharmacyexam.com, and it is super helpful because it'll quote the laws that the information comes from. But it is kind of frustrating when they ask you a question about file retention, mark your answer as wrong, then note that there are discrepancies between the IL CSA and the Pharmacy Practice Act, so technically the answer you put is actually right....
But overall it's given me a much clearer breakdown of the areas I excel at and the areas I need more work on
I'm retaking my exam in a couple days and I definitely feel less anxious about it now!

So I broke down and ended up getting a practice exam from pharmacyexam.com, and it is super helpful because it'll quote the laws that the information comes from. But it is kind of frustrating when they ask you a question about file retention, mark your answer as wrong, then note that there are discrepancies between the IL CSA and the Pharmacy Practice Act, so technically the answer you put is actually right....
But overall it's given me a much clearer breakdown of the areas I excel at and the areas I need more work on
I'm retaking my exam in a couple days and I definitely feel less anxious about it now!

Was the Pharmacyexam.com question were helpful?