IDP Application Surge

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rajimathew

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
http://www.llu.edu/llu/dentistry/dentalgram/dec02/flooded.html

333 applications for 16 seats in LLU and 33% increase in number of applicants compared to last year. I have no idea what caused this massive increase (Internet boom :)). Acceptance rate of ~5%, which is comparable to Stanford's MBA acceptance rate.

-r

Members don't see this ad.

Hi,
Would like to know some info on how much score in Part1 and Part 2 NDB , is required to even compete, for dexterity tests?
Are there any courses out there, that coach students for these tests besides Duggan's?
What does basically one needs to do to get into your school?
Any Info would be appreciated..
Thanks
smilemaker:p

http://www.llu.edu/llu/dentistry/idp/admnidp.html

Part 2 score is not mandatory but it is recommended. As far as the test goes, you should be able to take without any preparation. If you really want to prepare for it, I would encourage you to attend courses on dexterity improvement like bending, cutting, carving etc.

Good luck.

-r

Members don't see this ad :)
I am amused at this comparison as I have known Stanford for some time. There is absolutely no match between these two. In the regular medical/dental programs, Loma Linda figures nowhere in the rankings. There may be merits in this Prog/Univ. This is not to discourage anyone. Just my frank opinion.

Dentist_dds,
I don't think rajimatthew was comparing loma linda and stanford in terms of standards, he was just comparing the acceptance rate of the two so I think your comment was kind of out of line. Not that it's my business since I don't know anything about both schools but I just wanted to say what I observed from both posts. Alrighty..........

As long as there is no direct comparison of schools.