I Need Your Advice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RJ_85

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I am an IMG graduated from med school in 2009.

I was planning to take Step 1 exam by end of this year, and Step 2 CK and CS later on in the beginning of next year. This to be ready for the 2015 match. But I was shocked when I see that ECFMG recommended to do the Step 2 CS before the end of this year in order for the score to be ready for the Match.

http://www.ecfmg.org/news/2014/04/0...tch-apply-step-2-cs-now/#sthash.UcDSbtKK.dpbs

So, I need your advice in taking the CS 1st and then the step 1 and CK? As I am still willing to participate in 2015 match. And how much time you guys think will be needed for the CS, and for the CK?

I am very confused and I really need an advice here if I still have a chance to catch the 2015 Match.

Yours,

RJ

Members don't see this ad.

As an IMG, without ECFMG Certification by time of application submission (Sept 15th) you'll get almost no interviews. This past year was terrible for IMGs who were new grads with solid resumes but lacked ECFMG certification. Take your time, get solid scores, get a complete resume and aim for 2016.