MD I just got my MCAT score back and I could use any advice on my chances of MD and school list tips

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Rayquaza25

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
First and foremost any advice is appreciated thank you in advance. I just got my mcat score back and it is a 507 126/124/127/130. Normally was scoring 128-130 in C/P and 128 on B/B. These are my applicant stats.

- 3.7 GPA Graduated with honors
- 4 year NCAA athlete w/ conference placing since freshmen year
- founding President of leadership honor society (largest organization in school history)
- 400 hours phlebotomists experience at medical lab
- 1800 hours of ED scribe experience in county hospital
- URM and 1st generation college graduate
- 2 LOR MD’s who are both directors and executives at hospital
- 1 D.O. Letter from EM Physician

Hope this helps give an understanding of me as an applicant. I could use any help currently to decide on my school list.

Members don't see this ad.

What UIM group do you represent?
Ant nonclinical volunteering to those less fortunate than yourself?
Any physician shadowing?
State of residence?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
What UIM group do you represent?
Ant nonclinical volunteering to those less fortunate than yourself?
Any physician shadowing?
State of residence?

Through my society I have held fundraisers through groups such as toys for tots, United Sumerian foundation and no shadowing ER scribe work for the past year and a half and state of residence is California

First and foremost any advice is appreciated thank you in advance. I just got my mcat score back and it is a 507 126/124/127/130. Normally was scoring 128-130 in C/P and 128 on B/B. These are my applicant stats.

- 3.7 GPA Graduated with honors
- 4 year NCAA athlete w/ conference placing since freshmen year
- founding President of leadership honor society (largest organization in school history)
- 400 hours phlebotomists experience at medical lab
- 1800 hours of ED scribe experience in county hospital
- URM and 1st generation college graduate
- 2 LOR MD’s who are both directors and executives at hospital
- 1 D.O. Letter from EM Physician

Hope this helps give an understanding of me as an applicant. I could use any help currently to decide on my school list.
OK, you're not URM. Middle Easterners are well represented in Medicine in the US.
However, one can't discount the fondness Admissions Deans have for athlete-scholars.

I suggest:
U VM
U Toledo
Rush
NYMC
Creighton
Albany
Rosy Franklin
Drexel
Temple
Jefferson
MCW
SLU
WVU
Wayne State
Tulane
Loyola
Wake Forest
Loma Linda (only if you are SDA or a very devout Christian)
TCU/UNT
VCU
Netter
Seton Hall
EVMS
Oakland-B
Gtown
GWU
Uniformed Services University/Hebert (just be aware of the military service commitment)
Nova MD
UCI
UCD
UCR (IF you’re from the Inland Empire)
CalUMed
Kaiser

Any DO program. I can't recommend Touro-NY, Nova, Wm Carey, LUCOM, for different reasons. MSUCOM? Read up on Larry Nasser and you decide. LMU has an accreditation warning, which concerns me. CalHS is too new and appears to be too limited in rotations sites.

Reactions: 1 users
OK, you're not URM. Middle Easterners are well represented in Medicine in the US.
However, one can't discount the fondness Admissions Deans have for athlete-scholars.

I suggest:
U VM
U Toledo
Rush
NYMC
Creighton
Albany
Rosy Franklin
Drexel
Temple
Jefferson
MCW
SLU
WVU
Wayne State
Tulane
Loyola
Wake Forest
Loma Linda (only if you are SDA or a very devout Christian)
TCU/UNT
VCU
Netter
Seton Hall
EVMS
Oakland-B
Gtown
GWU
Uniformed Services University/Hebert (just be aware of the military service commitment)
Nova MD
UCI
UCD
UCR (IF you’re from the Inland Empire)
CalUMed
Kaiser

Any DO program. I can't recommend Touro-NY, Nova, Wm Carey, LUCOM, for different reasons. MSUCOM? Read up on Larry Nasser and you decide. LMU has an accreditation warning, which concerns me. CalHS is too new and appears to be too limited in rotations sites.

I didn’t know middle eastern wasn’t considered URM thanks for letting me know. Also, I added almost all the schools you placed on the list and I’m grateful for your help and response. Last question I have is for UCR do they have preference for applicants within inland empire more so than all of California? I’m not familiar with that area

I didn’t know middle eastern wasn’t considered URM thanks for letting me know. Also, I added almost all the schools you placed on the list and I’m grateful for your help and response. Last question I have is for UCR do they have preference for applicants within inland empire more so than all of California? I’m not familiar with that area
Their mission of to favor UCR grads or people from Inland Empire, capeesh?