MD I don't understand how spaced repitition works

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

alaaz

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

So as the title says i don't understand how can i implement spaced repition in my studying

I know this :

' instead of spending 4 hours on a subject exp: tuberculosis it's better to spread your time on severeal days like 1 hour each day '

Is it better to remember facts one by one or to try to recall them all at the same time ?

Let me clarify my point :

'Radiologic manifestation of tuberculosis . Bilogic manifestation of tuberculosis , complications and treatment ''

So it better to recall a single fact at a time or the whole facts ?

Members don't see this ad.

Hi guys,

So as the title says i don't understand how can i implement spaced repition in my studying

I know this :

' instead of spending 4 hours on a subject exp: tuberculosis it's better to spread your time on severeal days like 1 hour each day '

Is it better to remember facts one by one or to try to recall them all at the same time ?

Let me clarify my point :

'Radiologic manifestation of tuberculosis . Bilogic manifestation of tuberculosis , complications and treatment ''

So it better to recall a single fact at a time or the whole facts ?

You can chose to take in the info over time in pieces, or you can take in the info in its entirety over multiple points in your study schedule (most affective). The key is to expose yourself to the same info in multiple sessions to increase recall

Basically you're better off spending 1 hour each day for 4 days looking over the entirety of X material, than you would be spending 4 hours in 1 day.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
From what I understand it also comes down to memory recall and how we forget information. It's best to review material in an increasingly spaced manner. For example, you review something one day, review it 4 days later, 2 weeks later, and then 3 months later. The idea is that your brain will remember the material longer because it has seen the material just when it was starting to forget it.

Spaced repetition is also automated by many flashcard systems, so you can score the card after flipping based on how well you knew it; weaker cards will be repeated more quickly and easy cards will show up much later

Spaced repetition is also automated by many flashcard systems, so you can score the card after flipping based on how well you knew it; weaker cards will be repeated more quickly and easy cards will show up much later
anki ftw :thumbup:

I haven't tried any other flashcard systems, which other ones automate spaced repetition?

I haven't tried any other flashcard systems, which other ones automate spaced repetition?

I know Firecracker does, and Flash Facts has a card rating system and might use that data for spacing.

Curious, what setting do you use for easy, medium, and hard? Like what time increments