Humanitas University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dmpk2891

Reaction score
I was recently accepted to the medical program at Humanitas University in Milan. I am looking for information, from current or former students, on completing the application process, such as do's and don't, or basically any information that will help. I currently live in the United States and would appreciate any help from other US students that have completed some or all of their training through the medicine / surgery program.

What would you say are the benefits? Are there residencies offered after completing the course program? What exactly does it mean when a student completes his or her training program and then applies for a medical specialty school? Is this specialty school equivalent to a residency?

I'm looking for all the information you have that might help me decide if I should accept enrollment into this school.

Thanks in advance

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I was recently accepted to the medical program at Humanitas University in Milan. I am looking for information, from current or former students, on completing the application process, such as do's and don't, or basically any information that will help. I currently live in the United States and would appreciate any help from other US students that have completed some or all of their training through the medicine / surgery program.

What would you say are the benefits? Are there residencies offered after completing the course program? What exactly does it mean when a student completes his or her training program and then applies for a medical specialty school? Is this specialty school equivalent to a residency?

I'm looking for all the information you have that might help me decide if I should accept enrollment into this school.

Thanks in advance

Found this forum regarding Residency training in Italy.

Just be aware that after completing a residency program in Italy you will be able to practice that specialty in any country of the EU. But you would have to start from scratch if you ever decide to move back to the US.

I'm doing my Residency in Germany and i've seen many Italians come here. Their main complaint is that medical school is too theoretical in Italy with basically no hands on experience. They don't even have a cadaver lab for anatomy. If this is true or not, I have no idea. It's what i've heard from the italians that immigrated to Germany for medical school or residency.

Good luck!