Navy HPSP Pay Breakdown

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

classof201X

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm a Navy HPSP student graduating in 2016. I have found the charts for O-3 pay and Special pay that we get once we start serving, but I was wondering if anyone who recently began serving could give me a better estimate/breakdown of what our annual salary looks like? I know BAH will vary with location but lets just say its $2500 a month. To be honest I have no clue where the taxes come out and how much...so I'm not sure what the HPSP people are walking out with annually. Plus there are random bonuses...I'm just trying to budget for the coming years :) Any help is appreciated! Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Where can you get BAH of $2500 a month, besides places like San Diego WITH dependents? I think CONUS average is more like $1500 for O3 with 1 yr of service

Oh...my bad. I go to UOP and our BAH is $3462 for O-1 without dependents (because SF is stupidly expensive to live in) so I thought dropping it to $2500 was reasonable. I don't actually know. But that's besides the point...