HPSP Eligibility Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

2007PreDent

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
It says on all the armed forces website that the applicant has to "Be a citizen of the United States", my question is, if you are a Legal Permanent Resident and are a handful of months away from your US citizenship, could the applicant still apply?

Members don't see this ad.

It says on all the armed forces website that the applicant has to "Be a citizen of the United States", my question is, if you are a Legal Permanent Resident and are a handful of months away from your US citizenship, could the applicant still apply?

Talk to the recruiters. I think as long as you are a citizen by the time you sign up it should be fine.

EDIT:
I think you can be eligible if you are a permanent resident.

Talk to the recruiters. I think as long as you are a citizen by the time you sign up it should be fine.

EDIT:
I think you can be eligible if you are a permanent resident.

Not according to the Navy, AF and Army recruits I talked too. All said that I need to the a US Citizen to become an Officers or a Military Personnel. Can you share exactly how LPR can qualify towards that program?

You have to be a citizen. One recruiter I talked to said that he didn't travel to some schools anymore because there were so many alien students. Whatever that means. It was what he said though.