General Admissions & OTCAS How to tell a school you changed your mind?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

futureot28

Reaction score
Hi guys! So I put a deposit down on the first school I got accepted to just to ensure I would be in an OT program. This wasn't my top choice, and I got accepted to a better school that I want to go to instead! How would I go about reaching out to them to take back my spot in the program? Is email a normal way to do this, and is there a certain way I should word it in order to sound as professional as possible?
Thanks everyone!!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
When I was going through this, I said something along the lines of “Thank you so much for giving me the opportunity to attend ___ University. I regret to inform you that I will be foregoing my enrollement at this university due to being accepted to another university that fits my needs as a student. Again, I appreciate you all considering me for you program and wish you the best of luck in the upcoming academic year”

Reactions: 1 users
When I was going through this, I said something along the lines of “Thank you so much for giving me the opportunity to attend ___ University. I regret to inform you that I will be foregoing my enrollement at this university due to being accepted to another university that fits my needs as a student. Again, I appreciate you all considering me for you program and wish you the best of luck in the upcoming academic year”
Awesome I appreciate this a lot!

Reactions: 1 user