How to Quickly Get Reimbursed for School Material - VR&E

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BC_89

Staff member
Administrator
Lifetime Donor
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Recently, VR&E (Chapter 31) has switched over to how billing communication will work between veteran to school to VA dept. A lot of students (including myself) have all of a sudden had to pay "out of pocket" when in times past the billing for supply pick-up went automatically to the VA. I've even had the luxury of getting my supplies mailed to me at my house thus saving a trip to the bookstore which is located off of my programs main campus. Now all of a sudden I am having to pay out of pocket.

The quick reasoning for this is that students need to update their Chapter 31 attestation forms for supply pick-up and cost coverage once a year. Some programs are well managed that the veteran in some places does not actually need to do this. For any other reasons as to why the supplies or books are not fully available at the hands of the student, their is a form that can be filled out and sent to your counselor for reimbursement: 28-1209m VA-Form (attached below):

Speak with your counselor in advance and fill out the necessary information. If possible, collect the receipt from the school for double coverage when submitting the form. I've had a quick turn-around in reimbursement and hope this bit of information might help others along their Chapter 31 experience while in school.

Members don't see this ad.

Attachments

• 28-1905m Request & Receipt of Supplies.pdf
    103.5 KB · Views: 103
Reactions: 1 user