How to prepare for residency

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DoctorMedicine

Reaction score
Is there anything that I can do for the month of May to prepare for residency besides "enjoy my life"?
Here's what I'm planning so far:

1) Learn how to cook- find recipes that are easy, quick, and cheap
2) Make a budget now that I know what's my yearly income
3) Brush up on common inpatient medicine stuff such as COPD, CHF, CAD, DM management
4) Redownload uptodate, medcalc, etc on phone (any other app suggestions?)

Any rising R2 can give any suggestions on what they wished they known before starting intern year?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

If you know that your EMR is epic you may want to ask resident ya for their smart phrases and start a word file to be able to have them to put o to epic

Reactions: 2 users
If you are in a specialty that has clinic time, try GoodRx - it’s an app that will search pharmacies for the cheapest prices or coupons for generic medications, and send the info/coupon to your patient’s cell phone.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Do some exploration of the various loan repayment options available to you, since you'll probably be busy as heck by the time you need to submit the paperwork in the fall when your grace period ends in about 6 months.

Reactions: 1 user
Ask people ( preferably somebody you dont know well or have never met) to slap you in the face 10 times daily. Then practice controlling your temper and try to smile

Reactions: 7 users