How to mention COVID clinical experience in home country in ERAS?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Legitimate_Koala_992

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi! I am a non US IMG applying for Pediatrics. However, I have been recently (since 1 month) working at a national COVID center as a medical officer -full time, managing all patient population. I wanted to mention this in my ERAS personal statement as a way to distinguish myself. Is this a good idea or would I be stretching it a bit too far ?
If this is a good idea, how do I best approach it ? I wanted to communicate that the responsibilities would help me be a better resident early on. But I have not been able to show it in any way other than to just state it.

Would appreciate any feedback. :)

Members don't see this ad.

I feel like this is something you should have a letter writer talk about. And make your PS about something related to Peds. Do you have a supervisor at the COVID center you can ask for a LOR?

Reactions: 1 user
I feel like this is something you should have a letter writer talk about. And make your PS about something related to Peds. Do you have a supervisor at the COVID center you can ask for a LOR?
Yes, I do have a supervisor and we seem to be in good terms in academics. But it's been just a month and he hasn't seen me work directly .. it's more with the residents that we work with .. And I am not sure if I can ask for a LOR this soon... its couple of months of work after which they give you a letter here .. 🤔