How to get involved?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TallScrubs

Coude Rockin' Everywhere
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello all, I have question you will probably be able to answer.

MSI at PCOM. This summer, my girlfriend will start full-time job as nurse and subsequently, I will be bored out of my mind. I would like to do research in EM, but specifically tox.

I think I am bound to hear: enjoy the summer. My response would be that I sitll would enjoy the summer. I get bored quickly--no way I can come up with an entire summer's worth of fun, especially on my budget.

Another aspect to this is that I have virtually no research experience. Sure getting published would be cool, but this would mainly be to learn more, get some experience, and not be bored to death.

So, if I want to get involved in med tox research, is my best bet to 'cold email' some tox guys to see if they need help?

Thank you for your help
-tallscrubs

Members don't see this ad.

Hello all, I have question you will probably be able to answer.

MSI at PCOM. This summer, my girlfriend will start full-time job as nurse and subsequently, I will be bored out of my mind. I would like to do research in EM, but specifically tox.

I think I am bound to hear: enjoy the summer. My response would be that I sitll would enjoy the summer. I get bored quickly--no way I can come up with an entire summer's worth of fun, especially on my budget.

Another aspect to this is that I have virtually no research experience. Sure getting published would be cool, but this would mainly be to learn more, get some experience, and not be bored to death.

So, if I want to get involved in med tox research, is my best bet to 'cold email' some tox guys to see if they need help?

Thank you for your help
-tallscrubs

Doing research can be a mixed bag of luck and who you know. I've cold called and/or applied to labs on a whim and gotten the job. I've also gone through people I know. Its better if you know someone, but if you are interested in a lab I suggest that you send a polite email out to the PI, tell them what you are interested in and send them your qualifications. It also helps if you plan on doing it solely for an educational experience (i.e. do not want to get paid for your work)