How to get a 24AA on the dat

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

martinamoses

Reaction score
Hi everyone I took my dat yesterday and got an academic average of 24 with using only bootcamp. BOOTCAMP IS THE WAY TO GO!!

AA: 24

TS: 23

PAT: 21

Bio: 21

Genchem: 23

Ochem: 26

Reading:21

QR: 27

When I studied

I used Ari’s 5 month study schedule starting in January and took the test the first week of June. I studied on top of a full semester so sometimes it seemed like a lot. But the best word of advice is to stay on schedule but also take breaks when needed, working out and hanging out with friends helps a lot! I tried to stick to the schedule exactly, but with classes I sometimes had to move stuff around on the schedule. As long as you get it all done ESPECIALLY THE PRACTICE TESTS, you’ll be good

When I felt ready

I personally did not feel ready until 2 weeks before my test. You get to the point where u know you have done all u could and now it’s time for your hard work to pay off. What worked best for me and getting a high score is when reviewing my practice tests, go through every question and write what I got wrong, asking with explanations of the other answers. Any question I was unsure of but got right I would also write down notes on that. Color coding on my iPad my notes pretty and made me want to study then loll.

Bio

My first practice test of bio I was so scared because it felt so hard, I scored a 17. I only used anki a little (more towards my test). I made sure to answer all the question banks, bio bites, and review my bio notes from all the practice tests (the week of my test). Repetition is key with bio and it will all start connecting. The week before my test I also made a list of subjects I was weak one when reviewing the tests, then went back and watched those videos and wrote done any notes to help me remover the info! The real DAT was definitely not as intense, and there was even some repeat questions!!

Genchem

I’m a chemistry girl so I didn’t spend much extra time on this subject besides completing everything I had to. Dr. Mike was a great teacher and repeats things so they’ll automatically get in your head. Reviewing tagged questions was the best study tool in this section for me. The real DAT seemed very similar to all the practice problems.

Ochem

I was an ochem tutor so all this info came back easy to me. I reviewed all the reaction bites the week of my test to make sure everything was fresh in my head. I also made flash cards because writing the reactions gets them in your head better. The real DAT was a lot easier and there was no hard synthesis problems that you’ll see on Bootcamp.

QR

This section gave me the most anxiety and ended up being my best section. On the plus full lengths I was running out of time and getting 16s…. And the week before my DAT. However when I reviewed the tests and watched all the corresponding videos I understand what to do. I studied for months and couldn’t do anything else so I just went into the test open minded and IT WAS SO MUCH EASIER. There were a couple of harder questions that were almost identical to the ones on Bootcamp

Reading

I used the vanilla method and highlighted along the way. You’ll catch in to the type of questions they ask which will help u decide what to highlight. All I did was the question banks then all the practice reading tests. I had to tell myself I was enjoying what I was reading because that truly makes a difference in your score.

PAT

I was scared for this section at first. It was really hard to do PAT everyday on top of studying for classes and the the sciences on the DAT. I really got serious about PAT a month before my test. I would do 3 sections a day. TFE was the hardest for me but the generator saved me and really improved my score on that. I think the real DAT was pretty similar to the practices.

Test day

My testing site was 35 minutes away so I got there extra early just incase. The nerves were so high but you’ll calm done once u sit in front of ur computer. You worked so hard and it will all pay off. It feels like another practice test but you’ll be more focused since you know this is the last one you ever take. You got this! And if u have any questions lmk!!
IMG_6299.jpeg

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users