Other OT-Related Information How to Dress for Interviews

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cowcatcow

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, I have my first interview this Friday and I want to make sure I'm fully prepared for it!

I was just wondering what is common for a girl to wear to an interview? I know suits are commonly worn but could dresses also work, depending on the structure and length?

Members don't see this ad.

Hi guys, I have my first interview this Friday and I want to make sure I'm fully prepared for it!

I was just wondering what is common for a girl to wear to an interview? I know suits are commonly worn but could dresses also work, depending on the structure and length?

I guess it would depend on the dress. I haven’t personally seen anyone at interviews wearing a dress before. Usually everyone is wearing dress pants/blouse/blazer. But wear whatever you’re comfortable in. Some schools do a long tour, so beware of high heels!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: 1 user
I wore a nice dress with a blazer to my interview. I think as long as the dress is professional, it helps you stand out a bit from the crowd as everyone else is wearing the same thing (pants, blouse, blazer). Definitely wear comfortable shoes! Where are you interviewing?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi! I just recently had an interview and I wore pants and a blazer. However, there was someone there who wore a professional looking dress, and others who wore just pants and a blouse with no blazer. It's up to you really. But most of the candidates did wear pants and a blazer. Just make sure you are comfortable in whatever you wear because you will be worrying enough about your interview!

I just played it safe and wore a blazer with pants. I tend to get worried about dresses as sometimes they can ride up while walking.

Reactions: 1 users
Thanks y'all! I'm interviewing at Texas Tech this Friday. It's looking like it will be pretty chilly there so I'll probably opt for the blazer/pants combo.

Anyone encountered any other women in their interviews wearing fun (but also professional looking) dress socks? I've always enjoyed wearing socks that aren't solid color and thought it could be a confidence booster to wear something that's more me. Just so you know I'm picturing wearing something that is solid on the foot, but has the spunk up higher.

For example
IMG_8714_large.jpg