How to boost b/b and p/s MCAT score

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PL417

Reaction score
Hi everyone, my mcat is in about a month and on a practice test 2 weeks ago i got a 510. I want to get at least a 515. I think my biggest problem is not knowing enough content in psyc soc and biology. What would be a quick way for me to learn the content for those sections? I am also in school so I can only study around 4 hours a day. Also does anyone have any good cars strategies?

Members don't see this ad.

Hi everyone, my mcat is in about a month and on a practice test 2 weeks ago i got a 510. I want to get at least a 515. I think my biggest problem is not knowing enough content in psyc soc and biology. What would be a quick way for me to learn the content for those sections? I am also in school so I can only study around 4 hours a day. Also does anyone have any good cars strategies?
Your MCAT being in 4 weeks and that you're only able devote 4 hours a day, I don't know if you are going to be able to really score much higher if you're worried about cramming in more content review. I would probably suggest taking more practice tests and reviewing missed questions to see which high yield content you may be weak in and that you can focus more time on there. Remember, while everything is fair game for the MCAT, some material appears much more than others. Also, be sure to take the AAMC FLs in real test conditions to best simulate your test day results.

What was your breakdown on BB and P/S? And within those subject areas, do you have weak spots.

As for CARS, here's what I recommend:
-Keep track of your time. On each passage, I listed out how much minutes I had to work through the passage, leaving about 7ish minutes at the end. If the passage looked too hard or took to long, I skipped and came back
-Understand the "why" behind each answer choice. To that point, you should ask yourself: is XYZ piece of information supported by the passage?
-As you read, write out the main take away of each paragraph and then after reading, write a full summary accounting for tone, audience, argument, etc.
-Practice, practice!!