How not to kill oneself.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dkwyler94

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Not making light of the situation, but I read a girls list today of ways she was going to kill herself. I found it rather amusing and thought I would share. She is teenager.

Start smoking. Get Cancer. Die.
Have unprotected sex. Get AIDS. Die.
Get a dog to bite me. Get Rabies. Die.
Stop eating. Starve to death. (This is the one she chose-she is obese).

Of course this is a serious situation, but as in all areas of medicine, sometimes you just have to take time to look at the humor in it to deal with the stress. Hope some of the rest of you enjoy this as well.

Members don't see this ad.

That's cute, in a sad kind of way. Choosing to "starve" herself to death probably says a lot about why she wants to kill herself, probably because she feels that she is overweight. Even though I certainly wouldn't admit her with that list, she definitely deserves some close f/u to make sure that she doesn't eventually add something like ODing on some OTC med like tyelenol to that list. I think that lots of people OD on OTC stuff believing that it will just be a cry for help and that they won't really be hurt by it since it's an OTC med, but people don't realize just how deadly tyelenol can be. They should put a big warning on it that says that if you OD on it, you will die IMO.