How much money can you make in this specialty?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
True although Botox patients for cosmetic are demanding and th e profit is not great as the actual Botox is pricey - if you charge say $11-13 bucks a unit and it costs $6 from allergan you are not making no that much.
True although Botox patients for cosmetic are demanding and th e profit is not great as the actual Botox is pricey - if you charge say $11-13 bucks a unit and it costs $6 from allergan you are not making no that much.
Totally misread your post! Ha! Yes Botox for migraine I think is pretty good bang for your buck.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Totally misread your post! Ha! Yes Botox for migraine I think is pretty good bang for your buck.
With a good setup you can literally knock out the protocol in 5-10 minutes. Lol. Only downside is no guidance reimbursement.

If someone is doing a high volume pain clinic I understand not doing Botox. But otherwise…I think just about every PM&R physician should at least consider it in their practice.

With a good setup you can literally knock out the protocol in 5-10 minutes. Lol. Only downside is no guidance reimbursement.

If someone is doing a high volume pain clinic I understand not doing Botox. But otherwise…I think just about every PM&R physician should at least consider it in their practice.

The only problem for me is that I have no clue how to set up an outpatient clinic - whether MSK, Botox, etc in the hospital I'm currently director at. Since I'm a contractor I dont' know how it would work either - the hospital has unused clinic space that has never been used, I have thought of seeing if they would pay me a certain amount and keep the rest?Obviously I wouldn't pay them rent. I also dont know how I would advertise.

You need a good referral base or established patient population for starters. Make sure there isn’t already a monopoly on Botox from neurology or another provider. If you have a good sized patient population and people are willing to make referrals you really just need a good office support staff. It takes some effort to order and stay on top of Botox authorizations and having support staff that can do the work is key.