How do you tell a place they are number 1...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Stillwell

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
...without getting mushy and seeming desperate? I know where i want to go, and while i am not the top student they will interview, and i didn't do a rotation there, i liked it when i interviewed there (IM program), and want to go there. I'm not however one of you lucky ones where they said "We really really really hope you come here", but the interviews were fine, no problems.

So is it okay to tell them BLUNTLY in the my TY letter that "Your program will be my number one choice" (more or less in these words)? I ask because I am having trouble wording it any other way, and I want them to know they are my top choice w/o beating around the bush.

Also, is it a good idea to write one or two more times, or call, or e-mail the PD as time goes on to remind them or will that get on their nerves? I believe they sit down to discuss apps for the final time at the end of January.

I would post this in the other thread with a similar topic but it seems to be off topic at the moment.

Thanks in advance.

Members don't see this ad.