MD How can I get honors on neuro shelf exam?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

taeyeonlover

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
MS3 student currently doing neurology rotation right now. I would like to get honors grade on my neurology rotation which means apparently scoring at least approximately 75th percentile on shelf exam.

What are some good resources for achieving this other than Uworld and anki? I have noticed that I have forgotten a lot of fundamental neuro knowledge from Step 1 such as dementia, movement disorders etc. Should I give First Aid step 1 neuro section a try?

Members don't see this ad.

MS3 student currently doing neurology rotation right now. I would like to get honors grade on my neurology rotation which means apparently scoring at least approximately 75th percentile on shelf exam.

What are some good resources for achieving this other than Uworld and anki? I have noticed that I have forgotten a lot of fundamental neuro knowledge from Step 1 such as dementia, movement disorders etc. Should I give First Aid step 1 neuro section a try?
Don’t bother with first aid. Do the Amboss questions that are tagged neuro as well as the few practice NBME shelf exams ($20 each) and you should be set (I scored a 93 on the exam for what it’s worth)

Late response but Uworld itself is sufficient (with Anki and the practice exams). I also rewatched boards and beyond Step 1 videos for content review and read through the Pathoma chapters. There was quite a bit of MSK on my exam which caught me off guard. Had to rely on my Step 1 knowledge for those questions.

Members don't see this ad :)
100th percentile with just UWorld. Honestly probably the easiest shelf, a vast majority of it is carried over from Step 1 knowledge

Late response but Uworld itself is sufficient (with Anki and the practice exams). I also rewatched boards and beyond Step 1 videos for content review and read through the Pathoma chapters. There was quite a bit of MSK on my exam which caught me off guard. Had to rely on my Step 1 knowledge for those questions.
How should I learn the MSK stuff? I feel like Uworld doesn't have enough MSK?