How are Retail Pharmacies Still Cutting Hours?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted901759

Discuss

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anytime I ask why an angry customer keeps coming back, they say "it's convenient". A lot of people see CVS Caremark on their insurance card and assume they must fill at CVS.

I don't understand how chains like Taco Bell are in business in southern California when there's so many delicious, authentic Mexican taco shops all over the place. People flock to the chains no matter what.

Reactions: 1 users
Taco bell has 400 menu items. No matter what food you buy, they are all taste the same, like a vomit. If there is a fast food chain I don't go to, it's taco bell.

There are quite a lot of people here that take pride they come in early and leave late. That's why corp can keep cutting hours.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
There are people here that are arguing that it's a good thing that corps are only giving out 32/hr a week for FT.

Wags: " Hey we only gonna give you 32 hrs a week."

SDN pharmacists: " Awesome! I didn't really want 40 anyways..."

The next day:

Colleague: "I heard they only gave you 32"

SDN pharmacists: " Noo. That's not how it happened at all. I wanted 32! It's awesome! Yayyyyyy....." Goes home and cries.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
There are people here that are arguing that it's a good thing that corps are only giving out 32/hr a week for FT.

Wags: " Hey we only gonna give you 32 hrs a week."

SDN pharmacists: " Awesome! I didn't really want 40 anyways..."

I'm one of them. I'd rather spend time with family and friends. My loans are paid off, expenses are low. I still make 6 figures, that's plenty for me.

Reactions: 4 users
I'm one of them. I'd rather spend time with family and friends. My loans are paid off, expenses are low. I still make 6 figures, that's plenty for me.
Yes but that should be your decision, not something that was forced on you and hoping your circumstances aligned.

Reactions: 1 user
Yes but that should be your decision, not something that was forced on you and hoping your circumstances aligned.
But these are also jobs we choose to apply and interview for

Corporate retail has always been a beast of burden

Very few consider the scope of responsibility required to excel in this job before getting in

Now that the pay for retail is low, maybe there will be a correction in the economy in a few years

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using SDN mobile

CVS just merger with Aetna for 70 billion. Cuts are needed to make shareholders happy.

Reactions: 3 users
Yeah I never understood what kept people coming back for more either. Only a few have no choice, most can go other places. So....do that, lol.

Do you just love to complain? Do you think that it’s no better anywhere else so pointless to take your business elsewhere?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

I just wanted to add that Taco Bell is off the hook. Taco Beezy baby!

Coming from a 32 hour pharmacist, all my pharmacy had to do to cut staff pharmacists to 32 hours a week was close 1 hour earlier each night (8 pm instead of 9 pm) and cut 2 hours off the weekend hours (close at 6 instead of 7 on Saturday, open at 11 instead of 10 on Sunday). Being a smaller pharmacy, most of our patrons assumed we closed at 7 pm on weekdays anyways so it was a smart move. Still open more than most independent pharmacy but still able to trim (a lot of money) in payroll costs.

I enjoy the 32 hours/week life. It was daunting at first, but I manage my finances perfectly fine and still have extra money to pay over on my student loans a month. Yes, it wasn't my choice but it's honestly been a way better transition than I expected.

Coming from a 32 hour pharmacist, all my pharmacy had to do to cut staff pharmacists to 32 hours a week was close 1 hour earlier each night (8 pm instead of 9 pm) and cut 2 hours off the weekend hours (close at 6 instead of 7 on Saturday, open at 11 instead of 10 on Sunday). Being a smaller pharmacy, most of our patrons assumed we closed at 7 pm on weekdays anyways so it was a smart move. Still open more than most independent pharmacy but still able to trim (a lot of money) in payroll costs.

I enjoy the 32 hours/week life. It was daunting at first, but I manage my finances perfectly fine and still have extra money to pay over on my student loans a month. Yes, it wasn't my choice but it's honestly been a way better transition than I expected.

What is your total loans?