Hold list for UW MSTP?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

purplerainbow

2+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
"This notice is intended to bring you up to date on the status of your application to the University of Washington Medical Scientist Training Program. I apologize that we have not made a final decision on inviting you to interview. You are currently highly placed in the "hold" list category. We receive a large number of applications and many are re-reviewed at future committee meetings. Your application has been included in this category."

Anybody else get this or heard of success/failure stories?

Members don't see this ad.

Many schools do silent holds so it is nice to have some transparency

I received the same letter today @purplerainbow. It's better than a rejection, but not great. Still - UW MSTP is an excellent program, so being on hold means we're competitive at the very least. Here's hoping we see each other at the interview.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I received the same letter today @purplerainbow. It's better than a rejection, but not great. Still - UW MSTP is an excellent program, so being on hold means we're competitive at the very least. Here's hoping we see each other at the interview.
When were you complete? 8/8 for me

Does anyone have suggestions for getting off this hold list? This is my #1 choice so I'm eager to do anything possible. Although I've made some major strides in my research and a pub is on the horizon, I haven't submitted yet. Is there any point in updating them?