Highest-yield studies to read?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MISTERshortcoat

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all,

I've been around a ton of fellows recently, and they loooove to quote studies. Unfortunately, they say the names so fast that I don't have time to copy them all down. In your opinions, what are the most important studies (in cards or anything else) to be aware of?

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

I was recently in kind of the same situation as you, till I got hold of a book called

“Drugs for the heart” by Opie, and Gersh
Isbn – 0721628397

Its an excellent book which reviews all of the major cardiovascular drugs and all the studies which back them up. Now I feel more confident, and having just completed my Univ cards rotation, it was a major help, plus it fits in your white coat, nicely. I’ve read it already and it mentioned all the major studies like AFFIRM, HOPE, etc.. as well as the pending ones in regards to cardiology, which you can then look into for further reference. If have any other questions let me know.

I hope this helps. Later

Jattdoc said:

I was recently in kind of the same situation as you, till I got hold of a book called

“Drugs for the heart” by Opie, and Gersh
Isbn – 0721628397

Its an excellent book which reviews all of the major cardiovascular drugs and all the studies which back them up. Now I feel more confident, and having just completed my Univ cards rotation, it was a major help, plus it fits in your white coat, nicely. I’ve read it already and it mentioned all the major studies like AFFIRM, HOPE, etc.. as well as the pending ones in regards to cardiology, which you can then look into for further reference. If have any other questions let me know.

I hope this helps. Later

Thanks for the information, I'll check amazon.com for it.