Highest volume craniosynostosis centers /fellowships in the world?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

resiliens

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Despite some googling, I've yet to find reliable stats on craniosynostosis volume by center/fellowship. I'm interested in pursuing a fellowship with high volume of craniosynostosis in particular. As I understand, the volume of craniosynostosis seen in the United States is declining secondary to improved prenatal care, etc as well a cases being dispered more widely across the glut of craniofacial surgeons in the States. As a result, I'm interested in even going abroad for training. I've looked into "high-volume" centers such as the Chang Gung Memorial Hospital in Taiwan, but it seems like a little less than half of the one year fellowship is focused on vault surgery. I'm really interested to gain further insight into training oppportunities to acquire this surgical skillset, thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Sick Kids in Canada
Texas Children’s

Anywhere that has a fellowship has to prove that they have enough volume to support a fellowship before getting accredited. Once you’re in the interview trail you should be able to determine how much craniosynostosis volume the program has.