High-Quality Continuing Education Links and Information

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AcronymAllergy

Neuropsychologist
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
The goal of this sticky is to serve as a repository of, and central location for the listing of high-quality CE and related activities.

SDN does not endorse any of the listed products; they are instead provided as-is and as a resource by members, for members (caveat emptor and what not). Also, while it is expected that many CE activities will have associated fees, SDN's policies regarding advertisements still apply; thus, please do not post regarding the sale of any services, materials, etc., particularly from which you may directly profit. If you're unsure whether a resource is appropriate to post, you can always message one of the forum moderators (myself and @futureapppsy2 ).

The moderators reserve the right to remove any posts they see as inappropriate or unfit, and members are encouraged to contact the moderators if they have concerns about any of the posted CE activities. Please keep posts in the actual thread related solely to listing CE resources.

Finally, if you would prefer that a moderator make a CE-related post on your behalf (e.g., to preserve anonymity), just let us know.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 4 users
The Minnesota Psychological Association (MPA) would like to invite you to our First Friday Forum on Friday March 5, 2021 for a seminar to be held virtually and led by Olivia Bogucki PhD (Mayo); title: How to Conduct Decisional Capacity Assessments: Navigating the Gray in a World of Black and White.

You can find a link to register for the event here.

Or you can also look at our other First Friday Forum content here.

This event will be approximately 3 hours long and award 3CEs. The Minnesota Psychological Association is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. The Minnesota Psychological Association maintains responsibility for this program and its content.

There is also an on-demand library available for APA approved CE credits for watching at anytime.

If you have any questions, pleas contact us at [email protected]

ACCESSIBILITY ACCOMMODATIONS: If you need disability related accommodations to make this event accessible, please contact the Metropolitan State University Center for Accessibility Resources, 651-793-1549, or [email protected].

The Minnesota Psychological Association would like to invite you to our 85th Annual Conference on April 8th and 9th. You can register for one or two days of the conference. We have nationally recognized speakers such as Dr. Beverly Greene with a presentation on "Looking Back to Move Forward: Healing Racial Battle Fatigue in Turbulent Times" Dr. Chris Erbes with "Posttraumatic Stress Disorder: Assessment and Treatment in Context."

If you register on or before March 5th you can qualify for Early Bird registration rates

85th Annual Conference

mnpsych.memberclicks.net
mnpsych.memberclicks.net

All credits are APA-approved. The Minnesota Psychological Association is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. The Minnesota Psychological Association maintains responsibility for this program and its content.

Members don't see this ad :)
The Minnesota Psychological Association (MPA) would like to invite you to our First Friday Forum on Friday May 7, 2021 for a seminar to be held virtually and led by Helen Valenstein-Mah, Ph.D., LP; Merav Silverman, Ph.D., LP. Title: PTSD, Complex PTSD, and Borderline Personality Disorder: Understanding and Treating These Related but Distinct Constructs.

Members of SDN can register for the seminar for MPA member prices by using the discount code SDN

Or you can also look at our other First Friday Forum content here.

Friday Forums

www.mnpsych.org

www.mnpsych.org

This event will be approximately 3 hours long and award 3CEs. The Minnesota Psychological Association is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. The Minnesota Psychological Association maintains responsibility for this program and its content.

There is also an on-demand library available for APA approved CE credits for watching at anytime.

• Love
Reactions: 1 user
Just b/c they are APA approved does not mean they are scientific. Lots of APA approved stuff is pseudoscience, a money grab, or just straight up malarkey.

PESI, one of the largest CE companies is a prime example of that.

Yeah, I get PESI flyers touting brainspotting, body keeps the score, EMDR, and loads of other pseudoscience on a regular basis. Wish APA would do a better job of gatekeeping on these things.

Just b/c they are APA approved does not mean they are scientific. Lots of APA approved stuff is pseudoscience, a money grab, or just straight up malarkey.

PESI, one of the largest CE companies is a prime example of that.

I did not claim everything or anything in there was. Just passing along a link. Sheesh. I can remove it if you want. Weird flex..

I did not claim everything or anything in there was. Just passing along a link. Sheesh. I can remove it if you want. Weird flex..
I meant no offense. The purpose of this thread is "listing of high-quality CE and related activities."

You provided a list of APA approved CE sponsers. You could see how readers would then view that link as high-quality. I stated that not all (who knows if even a majority) of APA approved CE organizations are high-quality. Not meant to be a flex.

The Minnesota Psychological Association (MPA) would like to invite you to our First Friday Forum on Friday October 1, 2021 for a seminar to be held virtually ; title: Risk Management and Vulnerabilities: Yours, Mine, and Ours.

Please note that this CE opportunity is sponsored by The Trust, and completion of this CE entitles the individual completing the CE to Receive 15% off your Trust Sponsored Professional Liability Policy premium (for 2 consecutive years at policy renewal) if insured by the Trust.

If you have any questions, pleas contact us at [email protected]

ACCESSIBILITY ACCOMMODATIONS: If you need disability related accommodations to make this event accessible, please contact the Metropolitan State University Center for Accessibility Resources, 651-793-1549, or [email protected]. "

FREE FOR STUDENTS

Stephanie Nelson, PhD, Skylight Neuropsychology, Seattle, will be presenting on Writing Brief, User Friendly Neuropsychology Reports. You wrestle every day with your reports. Your reports are thoughtful and eloquent, and they take you forever to write. They’re too long, too hard, and too complex. You worry that families don’t understand all the jargon and numbers. In this workshop, we’ll explore the research on effective communication. We’ll discuss ‘technical writing’ and learn how this style creates a profoundly better user experience. We’ll use metaphors, data, and exercises to dive deep into what makes a report readable and useful. We’ll challenge ourselves to connect with our readers and write a report geared to their needs. 1.5 Continuing Education credits will be available for this event for guests who register and are eligible. This will be a virtual webinar.

Anyone have suggestions for high-quality ethics CEs? My renewal data is fast-approaching. It can't all be reading on your own in my state. You actually have to see and interact with humans.
Zur institute... But it's mostly reading.