Hey Dr. Cuts

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Lonestar

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Sorry to bug you,

i am a 3rd yr. US med stud who is thinking about the rads/anesthesia tract. just wanted to know which anesthesiology programs you liked/ranked and why? Thanx.

:)

Members don't see this ad.

What?!? There's a dual boarded, combined radiology/anesthesia program... like med/peds? How long does it take to complete the residency? When you finish, can you practice general radiology and anesthesia or do most just practice radiologic anesthesia? Can you do a fellowship in pediatric, neuro, or cardiac radiology/anesthesiology? Is it hard to find a job as a radiologic anesthesiologists and how much do they make?

LOL... I'm just kidding of course. :laugh:

Cuts... your response?

I was fortunate enough to get quite a few Anesthesia invites, but only accepted two. Out of those, I only ranked one: U Miami. I did it b/c of the women and the weather.

I don't want to offend the guys on this board, so I should add that I like Anesthesia a lot--it's a great field--but I love Radiology, and I ranked all my Rads programs above Miami Gas. This way, as long as I match PGY-2... either Rads in shiznitsville or Anesthesia in heaven, I'll be very, very grateful. Good luck to you :).

Appreciate the response. Hope things go well for you.