Coursework & Fieldwork Hepatitis B

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

OT3

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi!

So for school I need to get my immunization done for fieldwork and the Hepatitis B series is optional. I would prefer to get the series since they said if I choose not to it would limit my fieldwork options. The school also requires a blood titer test for Hepatitis B, MMR, etc and it came back with me being immune for all of those. Since I am immune would I still need to complete the Hepatitis B series even though I am in the clear or would my blood titer results be acceptable?

Thanks for the input! :)

Members don't see this ad.

Hi!

So for school I need to get my immunization done for fieldwork and the Hepatitis B series is optional. I would prefer to get the series since they said if I choose not to it would limit my fieldwork options. The school also requires a blood titer test for Hepatitis B, MMR, etc and it came back with me being immune for all of those. Since I am immune would I still need to complete the Hepatitis B series even though I am in the clear or would my blood titer results be acceptable?

My daughter was born in 1994 and all babies at the time were getting immunized with the first shot before they even left the hospital. You might already have your immunization, but I would think the titer results would be enough.

Reactions: 1 user
Hi!

If your titer shows you are immune to Hepatitis B, you shouldn't have to do the series. The series is meant to build your immunity, but if you are already immune from having the series as an infant then it would not make sense to do the series again. I did the Hepatitis B series as infant as well, but my titer showed no immunity. My school told me typically one shot of the series is enough of a booster to show detectable levels of immunity. I did this and this was the case. All I had to do was submit the report of my shot and my new titer.

Reactions: 1 user