HELP, What are my chances of getting into dental school with low GPA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mayavenue

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi guys, was wondering what my chances are of getting into any dental schools in the states with my current gpa and what schools i should apply to.

So i graduated from a Canadian university with an average of ~70% (i know it's low ): ). I am currently finishing a dental hygiene program and was wondering if that would help me with my dental application (would dental schools look at that??). I am also doing two extra fourth year level undergrad science courses (getting an 80+ right now). I have some dental experiences and I will be doing my DAT by the end of the year. What are my chances of getting admitted to any american or even australian dental schools? thanks guys! (would help a lot if you can list some schools)

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
It's going to be really tough to apply as an international student with below average grades. That being said, schools do like upward trends in grades, and they look at what you else you have going on. You're going to need a kick-ass DAT score.

Also, not every dental school accepts Canadian students. Look into Boston University and Tufts... they accept several per year