HELP: B+ Or S for grading period

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

k6mryn

Reaction score
Good afternoon to everyone. To make a long story short I ended my spanish class with an 89.92% and my professor has made it extremely clear he won't round up my grade to a 90.0. I am currently a freshman and last semester my grades did not do well at all (literally had the worst grades ever in my life) so I have been pushing myself to get better grades this semester. My grades for this semester are: calculus B, spanish B+, genetics and eugenics: A, and Oceans and our global enviornment: A. I know I do not have all A's and am already considered at a disadvantage in terms of chances getting into med school, but I refuse to give up. Please do not put me down, I am already extremely stressed as is everyone. I just dont know what medical schools are going to favor w/ COVID-19 concerning us all.
My GPA is somehow going to be a 3.3 regardless of which route I take (keep the B or take an S), but im worried medical schools will see a B+ as a bad grade, especially since I also have a B in calculus. Im losing hope but don't want to give up as its only been one year of collegiate level studies aside from my AP credits. I just feel incompetent and angry that my grade was that close to being in the A range for a subject I excel in.
Should I just accept my fate as having a B+ on my transcript? How doomed am I right now?

Members don't see this ad.

Good afternoon to everyone. To make a long story short I ended my spanish class with an 89.92% and my professor has made it extremely clear he won't round up my grade to a 90.0. I am currently a freshman and last semester my grades did not do well at all (literally had the worst grades ever in my life) so I have been pushing myself to get better grades this semester. My grades for this semester are: calculus B, spanish B+, genetics and eugenics: A, and Oceans and our global enviornment: A. I know I do not have all A's and am already considered at a disadvantage in terms of chances getting into med school, but I refuse to give up. Please do not put me down, I am already extremely stressed as is everyone. I just dont know what medical schools are going to favor w/ COVID-19 concerning us all.
My GPA is somehow going to be a 3.3 regardless of which route I take (keep the B or take an S), but im worried medical schools will see a B+ as a bad grade, especially since I also have a B in calculus. Im losing hope but don't want to give up as its only been one year of collegiate level studies aside from my AP credits. I just feel incompetent and angry that my grade was that close to being in the A range for a subject I excel in.
Should I just accept my fate as having a B+ on my transcript? How doomed am I right now?
This might be a stupid question, but why are you focusing on the one B+, but not asking about the B in calculus, or taking into account "the worst grades ever in your life" last semester. Given the context, why are you asking about this one grade at all, given that your GPA will be the same either way, and the B+ is not going to stand out on your transcript, since it is consistent with your entire GPA to this point?

Do you think med schools might think the S is an A if you don't take the B+? They won't! In fact, they'll probably think it's a C!!!! After all, what other grade would be bad enough for someone with a 3.3 GPA to go to the trouble of masking?

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users