Hearing Back From Schools

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Punished Angeleno

Dental Student
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
My application has been under review since early to mid-July. Now, I know I'm not the most competitive applicant this cycle, but is there really a chance I won't hear back from some programs until possibly March?

Members don't see this ad.

My application has been under review since early to mid-July. Now, I know I'm not the most competitive applicant this cycle, but is there really a chance I won't hear back from some programs until possibly March?
I think that many we may not hear back from until at least after December (unless you're one with stellar stats....). But as long as you don't get a rejection or denial, you're still being considered.

How many did you apply to and how many have you heard from so far?

The wait is awful, I agree :arghh:

Last edited:
I think that many we may not hear back from until at least after December (unless you're one with stellar stats....)

How many did you apply to and how many have you heard from so far?

The wait is awful, I agree :arghh:
I've heard back from two schools. One interview and one rejection. Neither are in-state programs.

Meh, this sucks. I was under the impression that applying early will result in an early decision, whether it's an invite to interview or a rejection. Assuming we do have to wait until after December, what was even the point of rushing to submit early?

Members don't see this ad :)
I've heard back from two schools. One interview and one rejection. Neither are in-state programs.

Meh, this sucks. I was under the impression that applying early will result in an early decision, whether it's an invite to interview or a rejection. Assuming we do have to wait until after December, what was even the point of rushing to submit early?
Yeah....I've gotten one denial. It's like a punch to the gut.

Possibly being reviewed ahead of all the people who applied after you. Keep your head up. You only need one acceptance :)

Reactions: 1 users