Have a SoCal Job...moving away and coming back?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Caliguy88

Reaction score
Hello All,

I recently got an acceptance into PA school out of state, my SO already has a pharmacy job here in southern California.

I honestly prefer staying in southern California over becoming a PA. I'm sure you can see where this is going... Should I go to school (2 years) separated and come back, should she go with and we come back, or should i decline and try to find something here in CA.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Why are you posting in the pharmacy job market section?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Why are you posting in the pharmacy job market section?

I was reading the threads to find an answer, didn't find it and saw this as the thread to discuss pharmacy job markets including SoCal. Am I in the wrong area? *edit* I reread it and see i forgot to mention she is a pharmacist, apologies.

Didn’t you just answer your own question?

My question is basically is what is the best situation on her end, also with the prospect of and not neglecting the opportunity to have financial support of a second future income. Is relocation within the same company Walgreens/CVS achievable, is applying for jobs out of state a good option, etc.

My theory is that having a job here already seems ideal and catering to that should be a priority... how much of one I don't exactly know.

Last edited:
It’s two years. It passes faster than you think. Besides, the second year of PA school is rotations, isn’t it? I know my school allowed me to do some rotations outside of the ones they setup. Catch is I had to do all the legwork, but that makes sense...

Reactions: 1 user
She needs to hold onto that Socal Rph job as long as possible, it's pretty much the most desirable Rph job out there. Hell no to uprooting for just 2 years, by the time she goes back that job won't be there anymore, or if it is then it will pay 30% less.

Can't you just go to school in CA? Or even AZ and drive back on the weekends.

Reactions: 1 users
She needs to hold onto that Socal Rph job as long as possible, it's pretty much the most desirable Rph job out there. Hell no to uprooting for just 2 years, by the time she goes back that job won't be there anymore, or if it is then it will pay 30% less.

Can't you just go to school in CA? Or even AZ and drive back on the weekends.

This is entirely what I think as well. I wish I could go in CA, I only have the one acceptance and even now considering going something else like nursing. I feel like its possible that her job may have higher priority than my acceptance. We could be apart for a few years, I could probably handle it but i doubt the relationship could..