Coursework & Fieldwork Has anyone attended Barry University or any other hybrid program? Thoughts?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Bosh2112

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I applied to Barry University's hybrid MSOT program for many reasons -- it would allow me to live with family a couple hours away, plus I would be able to work and offset some of the expenses of OT school. I have an interview with them at the end of March. I've already been accepted into another FL school, so I don't know if I should keep the interview. I would really like the opinions/advice of someone who has gone through Barry's program (or any other weekend/hybrid program).

Do you feel like your educational experience prepared you as well for the NBCOT exam and for your career as a traditional program would? Any other thoughts? Thanks a bunch!!!

Members don't see this ad.

I'm in the same boat as you. I'm interviewing there this week and want to get some opinions about the program or other weekend programs. I applied pretty late though so I'm a little nervous. Did you hear back from them yet?

I'm in the same boat as you. I'm interviewing there this week and want to get some opinions about the program or other weekend programs. I applied pretty late though so I'm a little nervous. Did you hear back from them yet?
I actually decided to cancel my interview and to attend the other school that I was accepted to. The more I thought about the weekend program, the more I realized it wasn't for me. I'm sure for some people it is great though! Good luck!

Hello,
I applied to Barry University's 2015/Fall term OT program. My application was submitted to the OT department last week. Did you end up staying with Barry University?