Harvard School of Dental Medicine Class of 2025 Interview/Acceptance Thread

I've never been to Boston and I'm having a lot of trouble getting photos and information on what the HSDM campus looks and feels like as well as how it is placed in regards to Boston - how far is it from downtown or other important city centers? Does anybody have any more information on those things?

Members don't see this ad.

I've never been to Boston and I'm having a lot of trouble getting photos and information on what the HSDM campus looks and feels like as well as how it is placed in regards to Boston - how far is it from downtown or other important city centers? Does anybody have any more information on those things?
One thing to note is that HSDM is not where Harvard has its undergrad campus in Cambridge. HSDM is actually located in the Fenway area of Boston and it’s one of my favorite areas. It’s ideally located next to some of the best hospitals in the country such as Boston children’s, Brigham and Womens and Dana Farber to name a few. In regards to being close to the city center of Boston it is extremely close by both public transport and walking. HSDM itself is a medium sized building right next to the Harvard Medical which has a really nice yard/green space.

Reactions: 3 users
Is Harvard still sending out interviews?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Their previous posts says 3.9 o/sGPA and 26AA, but expect great stats from all people getting interviews at Harvard. That’s not a distinguishing factor, that’s a basic requirement. The reason they got an interview is everything else in their profile/application

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Has anyone received an interview with <3.9 GPA?

Those of you who received an interview,

Did your AADSAS status for your application change to "Under Review" or did it still say Application Complete until you received notification of Interview invite?

Do any past interviewees still have access to their informational canvas page? I went back this morning just to review some information about the school and I didn’t have access anymore. I interviewed at the beginning of October.

Members don't see this ad :)
Do any past interviewees still have access to their informational canvas page? I went back this morning just to review some information about the school and I didn’t have access anymore. I interviewed at the beginning of October.
At my interview, they told us we’d only have access to the Canvas page until the upcoming Monday. So you have access to it for about one week around your interview date!

At my interview, they told us we’d only have access to the Canvas page until the upcoming Monday. So you have access to it for about one week around your interview date!
Ah, I didn’t catch that during my interview or I forgot that they said that lol. Thanks for the reply!

Is anyone else receiving the URM panel emails even though they are not a URM? I am an ORM, so I’m not sure if it’s appropriate that I attend this panel... thoughts?

Received a call on Monday! Missed it, so set up an interview today for 12/17. 12/11 was available, but wanted some time on the supplement and to get to know the school (don't think pre/post 12/15 would make a difference in this case). 3.79 / 22 dat, 2 gap years! Good luck all. Never thought this would be happening.

Reactions: 2 users
Received a call on Monday! Missed it, so set up an interview today for 12/17. 12/11 was available, but wanted some time on the supplement and to get to know the school (don't think pre/post 12/15 would make a difference in this case). 3.79 / 22 dat, 2 gap years! Good luck all. Never thought this would be happening.
huge congrats :) would you mind saying when you applied/app was complete?

Only one person to say they got a call today on SDN? The optimist in me is saying they've got to still be calling! 😭

I was accepted this morning! HSDM was my favorite interview, and the admissions team was incredibly nice. Good luck everyone!

• Love
anyone accepted with around a 3.8 gpa here ? haha... asking for a friend

anyone accepted with around a 3.8 gpa here ? haha... asking for a friend

You could definitely get accepted with 3.8 or slightly below average DAT. I think they are more interested in how you would fit in the school and leadership and research.

Has anyone who has interviewed and was not accepted on the 15th heard anything yet? When should we expect to hear anything?

Perhaps after the upcoming interview dates. Looking at the forums for previous years, it looks like the adcoms get together every Wednesday after an interview date to re-evaluate? Not sure if that applies to us pre-december interviewees though.

Will Harvard send any correspondence like wait-list or rejection letters soon? I just find it so odd that it's just radio silence for the last few days.

Okay- just got an email from Sarah Petrakos. Looks like they’ll get back with some kind of news in Jan!

I declined my interview offer (after getting accepted to my first choice on Tuesday)!! Good luck friends!!

I declined my interview offer (after getting accepted to my first choice on Tuesday)!! Good luck friends!!
Congrats on getting in at your first choice!!! May I ask which school you went with??

That's also so sick being able to say you declined to interview at Harvard haha definitely style points

I finally decided and just declined my interview! It was such an honor, but hopefully the chance goes to someone more suitable than me :> Good luck everyone

I finally decided and just declined my interview! It was such an honor, but hopefully the chance goes to someone more suitable than me :> Good luck everyone
That’s awesome that you can say you turned down an interview from Harvard!! Good luck with everything! May I ask when did you receive your interview invite and stats, if you’re willing to share? :)

That’s awesome that you can say you turned down an interview from Harvard!! Good luck with everything! May I ask when did you receive your interview invite and stats, if you’re willing to share? :)
Good luck to you too :>
My invite came about a couple days after decision day, so they're definitely doing work behind the scenes right now. Hang on tight & I hope yall get good news soon!!

Good luck to you too :>
My invite came about a couple days after decision day, so they're definitely doing work behind the scenes right now. Hang on tight & I hope yall get good news soon!!
When is the interview date that you turned down?

hey, sorry I can't tell because mine already says something like "withdrew before action" after I sent them my email :/