GRE for ortho - Should I retake the GRE?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hockey_n_syrup

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone! Ortho hopeful here... I spent 3 weeks (1 week PT, 2 weeks FT) studying for the GRE, gave my best shot, and scored 160/160/4.5. My understanding is that these are extremely mediocre scores by grad school standards.

Current and past residents, what are your thoughts on this score? And do you think I should retake this exam before the first wave of deadlines in early August? NGL, I am very burnt out... :')

Thanks in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

Those should be just fine for Ortho. I think 160 on each section should be the minimum people shoot for

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Hello everyone! Ortho hopeful here... I spent 3 weeks (1 week PT, 2 weeks FT) studying for the GRE, gave my best shot, and scored 160/160/4.5. My understanding is that these are extremely mediocre scores by grad school standards.

Current and past residents, what are your thoughts on this score? And do you think I should retake this exam before the first wave of deadlines in early August? NGL, I am very burnt out... :')

Thanks in advance!
They are fine.

Reactions: 1 user
They are fine.
caddyshack-chevy.gif