Got into a top pharm school, but if you had a choice to go into medical school would you take it?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BigY

Reaction score
If given an opportunity to go to medical school would y'all take it? What are some benefits of being a pharmacist? I'm starting to get cold feet with my career choice and wanted to hear your guyses opinion. This sub and r/Pharmacy on reddit is really depressing with everyone complaining about 70k salaries, can't find a job, poor working conditions, how much of this is true? If its that bad why do it at all, what is the reason for doing this career as opposed to medicine? What about a different ancillary career in healthcare like dental, PA, or nursing? If people are drawn solely due to chemistry, does that justify becoming a pharmacist perhaps we need to rethink how we decide in college.

Members don't see this ad.

One reason is not good enough to go to medical school.

MDs can go into pharma, too

There is pretty much no time you will ever use chemistry as it pertains to practicing as a pharmacist. If you are that interested in the chemistry behind drugs, I recommend you pursue a drug development or medicinal chemistry degree and stay clear of the PharmD track.

Reactions: 1 users