Good test taker. What does that mean?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

curiousmind8

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I read so many posts where students mentioned that they got above average score with a month or two of studying, but mainly because they are good test takers. What does that even mean? What skills do they have that I don't? I don't get that amazing score even if I study for 1 whole year. It must be my poor test taking skills. I'm just so frustrated with myself. Why can't I get scores like others when I study the same materials and put in 8-12 hrs a day. How can I improve my test taking skills besides just studying all the time. Please, tell me what does it mean to have good test taking skills or great standardized test taker? What are those skills?

Thank you

Members don't see this ad.

You seem they way I was pre step 1. Study hard but was never able to get my scores high until I learned a method of doing questions from a review course called USMLE Eagle prep in Orlando.
These exams are really not about knowing a lot of information, it about picking up the right clues and making sure that you are reading questions properly. if you have questions let me know

Reactions: 1 user
You seem they way I was pre step 1. Study hard but was never able to get my scores high until I learned a method of doing questions from a review course called USMLE Eagle prep in Orlando.
These exams are really not about knowing a lot of information, it about picking up the right clues and making sure that you are reading questions properly. if you have questions let me know

Yes, I have never been a great test taker and that has caused me a lot of stress and anxiety during all of my exams especially boards. I have researched it, but I didn't get any great tips that helped me so I decided to ask those who do have great test taking skills. If you can please share some important points that I can use I would appreciate it. Thank you