Good price for Netter's book?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

edgar

10+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
This goes out to all med students:

I have seen Atlas of Human Anatomy by Frank Netter/Sharon Colacino in hardback for $89.95 at amazon.com. I was wondering if you guys like this book and whether this is a good price. I am also thinking about buying a paperback edition of Gray's Anatomy ($14.99). So I'd like to hear your advice about my choices and let me know if you know another internet site that has even better prices.

Thanks,

EDGAR

Members don't see this ad.

I have a paperback of Netter and also a hardback of Grays. I like Netter MUCH better. Grays is hard to look at.

Thanks VM. If I'm not mistaken, you are going to UOMHS in the fall? Great school, I'm going to COMP with NickCVM. So you are saying that Gray's is not illustrated as well as Netters? I've read the Amazon reviews and they said Netter's illustrations are exquisitely beautiful. At my interview at UHS, there was a Netter t-shirt and the pattern on the shirt was very nice indeed. So, I guess you have the same idea as me, get a little head start on anatomy before the Fall......

Thanks again,

EDGAR

Netter's is an excellent book. The $89.95 price is good. You can also get a soft-cover version plus the CD-rom for $150. For titles and prices of other texts go to www.matthewsstores.com/uomhs/. If anyone is interested, I have a soft-cover, cadaverized (it's been heavily used IN Gross Lab, so its...gross) copy of Netter's. It's not the latest version, but for a lab copy it's a good book. I'd sell it for fairly cheap.