good plastics atlas/text

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

shredhog65

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Question for anyone in plastics -

I'll be starting an ASOPRS fellowship in July and I have about $300 in book money to spend. Any suggestions on a good reference text or surgical atlas? Something recent/ up to date would be nice. I like the Leatherbarrow (at least I think I do) - has alot of color photos and detailed surgical steps - but am by no means sold on it (don't even know if the bookstore has it). Basically, something useful that you wouldn't normally want to spend 300 bucks on.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

Nesi, Lisman, Levine, Smith's Ophthalmic Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, second edition.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for your help - the smith book looks perfect, but it's out of print (the bookstore can't get it). Any other ideas?

Anything else good that's more recent (still in print)? I have residency book money that is only good at the bookstore at my med center - they can order anything, but it has to be in print. This book looks great, but I don't have 300 bucks of my own money to spend on it.

Thanks for everyone's help so far

Question for anyone in plastics -

I'll be starting an ASOPRS fellowship in July and I have about $300 in book money to spend. Any suggestions on a good reference text or surgical atlas? Something recent/ up to date would be nice. I like the Leatherbarrow (at least I think I do) - has alot of color photos and detailed surgical steps - but am by no means sold on it (don't even know if the bookstore has it). Basically, something useful that you wouldn't normally want to spend 300 bucks on.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Tyers, Collin, Color Atlas of Ophthalmic Plastic Surgery, second ed., 2001, Butterworth-Heinemann.

Thanks for your help

If you don't have an atlas of surgical anatomy, would recommend the Jelks and Zide book. I have the Dutton book, but it is out of print now. Jelks and Zide is excellent though.